On this episode of the ODs on Facebook Podcast we take a deep dive into vision development. Topics discussed during this episode include:
- A developmental framework for how vision emerges and develops.
- Understanding visual function in children beyond eyesight.
- How vision impacts and guides the cognitive development of infants and children.
- Ways optometrists can raise awareness about the value of pediatric vision care in their communities.
- Practical tips to help improve your pediatric exams.
Our guest on this episode
Joining us on this episode is a living legend in Optometry, Dr. Glen T. Steele. Dr. Steele is a developmental optometrist and professor at the Southern College of Optometry Pediatric Service. He is past president of both the College of Optometrists in Vision Development (COVD) and the Optometric Extension Program Foundation (OEPF). Dr. Steele is also past chair of the American Optometric Association InfantSEE® and Children’s Vision Committees. He has lectured extensively throughout the US and internationally in the area of vision development and care including the care of infants. Dr. Steele has received numerous awards for his work in the area of infant and child development and was inducted into the National Optometry Hall of Fame in 2019.
Dr. Steele’s contact info:
LinkedIn: Glen Steele, OD FCOVD FAAO
Facebook: Glen T. Steele
Dr. Mahgoub’s contact info:
LinkedIn: Fayiz Mahgoub
Facebook: Fayiz Mahgoub
AnDr. Mahgoub and Dr. Steele have no financial interests to disclose.
Music from https://www.zapsplat.com