You Can’t Miss Vision Expo East with Dr. Justin Bazan
Every spring there’s one weekend that’s the first to get circled on our calendar — the can’t miss optometric education and social event of the year: Vision Expo East. This spring the dates are March 30th-April 2nd, and NYC will be alive with the biggest names in the eyecare industry, celebrating innovative eyewear design and the latest innovations in technology, diagnosis and treatment strategies, and the top educators in practice development and management. Dr. Justin Bazan breaks down the best ways to get you to Vision Expo with free exhibit hall registration, and the must do events and lectures to make time for when you are there!
The Young Professionals Club
If you are an:
- Optician, dispenser, office manager or staff who work in a practice under 35 years old;
- Optometrists who graduated within the last 5 years; or
- Industry professional under 35 years old who works for manufacturers, distributors, or other vendor companies in the optical industry
then you qualify to be a member of The Young Professionals Club! Registration gives you a ton of great perks, including FREE Exhibit Hall entry and 6 hours of FREE education. Don’t miss exclusive events including the YPC Happy Hour hosted by Transitions Optical on Saturday April 1st from 4 pm – 5 pm in the Younger Optics booth (LP4413, Level 1) right on the show floor. It’s also a great place to hang out with your favorite podcast cohosts, Dr. Glover and Dr. Lyerly.
Can’t Miss Education and Events
Friday March 31st
- ODs on Facebook Party 8:00 PM – 9:00 PM at B.B. King Blues Club & Grill
- Meet Dr. Alan Glazier and your favorite ODs on Facebook colleagues
- See four “moving” fashion shows on the show floor at 10:30 am, noon, 2:00 pm and 4:00 pm. A troupe of models will turn the show floor into a runway as they feature the latest eyewear found in the exhibit hall. Each show will end at the Bryant Park Lounge (#1953) with a celebrity emcee sharing the latest eyewear trends in colors, shapes, details and lenses.Saturday April 1st
- Intrepid Talks: Mode of Practice Options for Optometrists 9:45 AM-11:45 AM
- Industry leaders in glaucoma, dry eye, and cornea talk about developing niche practices
- Panelists include Dr. Whitney Hauser, Dr. Leslie O’Dell, Dr. Justin Schweitzer, and Dr. Melissa Barnett
- “I Wish I was Taught this in School” 11 AM- 12 PM
- Dr. Quy Nguyen of the Young Professionals Club Advisory Board hosts this panel featuring young ODs that have taken creative entrepreneurial paths in their early careers and redefined their definitions of optometry
Sunday April 2nd
- Google Talks beginning 10:00 AM at Level 1 Marketing Stadium
- Learn from Google Agency Developer Liz Austin on how to utilize Google digital products to grow your eye care business
- Manager’s To Do List Track with Invision Magazine helps jump start your business management strategies
- Dr. Glover and Dr. Lyerly are lecturing about Social Media Management bright and early at 8:30 AM. We don’t mind if you come wearing sunglasses.
- Check out the free Global Contact Lens Forum and the Scleral lens education track that Dr. Bazan highlighted in the podcast as his education mission for this year’s Expo.
- LIVE Pop Up Talks in the NewGradOptometry.com and CovalentCareers LIVE booth (Booth 2067) on topics for young professionals.
- The new Optical Profit Center helps ECPs amplify their optical profits by adding products, services or upgrading environment and experience through blue light solutions, optical display and design, in house lens production, in office edging systems and eyewear selection and fitting technology.
As a special offer to our listeners, Vision Expo is offering FREE Exhibit Hall registration here. Can’t wait to hang out with all you Defocus Podcasters in NYC!!
Thank you to our sponsors at Vision Expo for offering this free registration link!